Thursday, July 14, 2011

Brocante Heaven

Even in America you can find a decent flea market or brocante, as the French call them.  But I have to say that is there were a contest tomorrow on who's are REALLY better, I think the French would win hands down.

Now don't get me wrong, Americans do put on a great show but the items that you find in France are so much more.........special.

When trying to furnish a farmhouse, where better than France to pick up some really great, and old, farmhouse accessories.  In my travels to France, there was soooo much stuff that I just wanted to buy myself a container and stuff it full of all the wonderful things that I was finding.  Needless to say, the cost of doing that got the better of me before I ended up spending way more on shipping than need be.  But in the end I did stuff on suitcases full of treasures and such.  But you don't have to travel to France in order to find a array of wonderful items right here in the good old USA.

So my point here is to go to as many flea markets as you can in every little town and city you come across.  Treasures await all around.  Whether you are looking to furnish an entire farmhouse or cottage, there are so many undiscovered gold mines out there.  No matter how small the town or how off the beaten trail, stop and shop.  You never know what you'll find.

Remember...One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure............I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Post a Comment